|Rui or Katla fish||8 pieces|
|Onion (payaz) chopped||1 large|
|Onion (payaz) sliced||1 big|
|Ginger & Garlic (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Tomato (tamater)||1 small|
|Tomato puree||1 table spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||1 table spoon|
|Turmeric Powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Red Chili Powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Cumin Powder (Jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Lime juice (Nimboo ka ras)||1 table spoon|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||1|
|Onion seeds (Kalo jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Sugar (Chini)||1 tea spoon|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||3-4 table spoons|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Marinate the fish pieces with some turmeric powder, salt & now fry the fish pieces in oil and keep it aside.
- 2. Now in a different pan put some oil. Now add the chopped onion and fry till the onions are become golden brown. Let it cool and then grind it to smooth paste with some raisins.
- 3. Now add some more oil in pan and add bay leave, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and stir it for 30 seconds.
- 4. Now add the onion seeds and after few seconds add the sliced onions and cook it for some time.
- 5. Now add the chopped tomato and cook till the raw smell goes off then add the ginger garlic paste and tomato puree and cook it for 5 minutes.
- 6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and cook till the oil came out.
- 7. Now add the prepared fried onion and raisin paste and cook it for further 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Next add the well bitten curd with some sugar and cook for another 5 minutes. Adjust salt and add lemon juice.
- 9. Now add some warm water and add the fried fish pieces and cook with a lid in low flame for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- 10. In a separate bowl put the ghee, after it become hot and put it into the gravy.
- 11. Serve hot with Plain rice.