Nawabi Paneer Recipe
Cottage cheese (paneer) is one of most liked component of vegetarian’s food. Lots of curries and snacks are prepared with cottage cheese (Paneer). Nawabi Paneer Recipe is a delicious curry, which is prepared with cottage cheese. It is a popular mughlai recipe and it’s spices are prepared authentically. This is one of the favourite dish of Nawabs. A blend of subtle spices is used that make this mouth-watering gravy absolutely irresistible!!
How to Make Nawabi Paneer Recipe
|Cottage cheese (paneer)||500 gram|
|Onion (payaz) grated||1 big|
|Garlic (lahsan) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Brown sugar||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
Spices to grind
|Coriander seeds||1 table spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||8 -10 pieces|
|Stone flower (Pathhar phool)||¼ tea spoon|
|Broken Cinnamon (dalchini)||½ tea spoon|
|Brown cardamom (moti elaichi) seeds||1|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||8-10|
|Whole red chilli (sabut lal mirch)||2|
- 1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer pieces and keep aside.
- 2. Combine coriander seeds, cardamom seeds, cashew-nuts, black pepper, cloves, turmeric powder, cinnamon, black pepper, stone flower, whole red chilli and grind them all together in a grinder.
- 3. Heat clarified butter in a deep pan.
- 4. Now add bay leaves and stir it for 30 seconds, then add onions, garlic and, ginger and cook this for few minutes until onions turn light brown. Add the ground spices and brown sugar and stir it for 5-7 minutes.
- 5. Add fried paneer pieces and adjust salt and cook this for 5-7 minutes..
- 6. Add some water into the pan and adjust the thickness of curry as per desire.
- 7. Serve “Nawabi paneer” with “Nan” or “Roti”.