Kadai Paneer Recipe
Kadai Paneer Recipe is one of the delicacies of India. Originated from Punjab, has become one of the most popular vegetarian Indian curries.
It is an immense combination of capsicum, cottage cheese. Gravy is prepared with onion- tomato base. I use a combination of cream-curd-milk powder, which makes the dish heavenly. I have tried this unique combination with my Kadai chicken also and that also came up very nice.
Kadhai paneer goes well with Indian breads like Nan, Tandoori roti.
Other related recipes on this website are Shahi Paneer, Malai Kofta, Dal Makhani, Paneer Korma, Paneer Buteer Masala
How to make Kadai Paneer Recipe
|Cottage cheese (paneer), cut in pieces||500 grams|
|Onions (payaz), chopped||2 big|
|Capsicum (shimla mirch), sliced||1 cup|
|Ginger-garlic paste (adrakh-lahsan)||1 tea spoon|
|Tomatoes (tamater), grated||1 cup|
|Vegetable Oil/ Butter||6-7 tea spoons|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Coriander seed (sabut dhaniya)||1 tea spoon|
|Whole red chillies (sabut lal mirch)||3|
|Hot spices (garam masala) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander (daniya) powder||1 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), slit||3-4|
|Milk powder||2 table spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||1/4 cup|
|Cream (malai)||½ cup|
- 1. Take onion, garlic ginger, and tomato in a blender jar and grind them to a smooth paste.
- 2. Take 4 table spoons of cream, milk powered and curd in a bowl and mix and keep aside.
- 3. Lightly roast coriander seeds and then crush them.
- 4. Heat oil in a deep pan and add crushed coriander seeds and whole red chillies and stir for few seconds.
- 5. Add onion- tomato paste and cook on medium heat till oil separates. Add mixture of cream-curd- milk powder and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Then add red chilli powder and coriander powder and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- 7. Now add pieces of cottage cheese (paneer) and cook them on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Now add chopped capsicum, salt and hot spices powder and cook it for 3-4 minutes. (Don't overcook, keep capsicum crunchy)
- 9. Then add little water and cook it for 5-7 minutes till the consistency of gravy becomes thick . Add slices of green chillies.
- 10. Finish it with rest of the cream and serve hot.
- Recipe Type : Paneer curries, Punjab, Regional, Vegetarian, Vegetarian
No comments yet.