This recipe is one for the non-veg lovers. Usually, pakora is made up with vegetables. But, here pakora recipe is prepared by using chicken in place of the vegetables. It is very easy to make and does not require a lot of time.
The boneless chicken pieces are properly washed and marinated with some spices. Turmeric (haldi) gives a nice yellow colour to these pieces. These spices can be added according to taste. Garlic (lahsan) and onion (pyaaz) pieces are also added along with a dash of curry leaves (curry patta), which give a bold flavour and wonderful aroma. This is topped with sprinkling some lemon juice (nimboo ka ras) on the top, adding a pleasant citrusy kick. Gram flour (besan) and rice flour (chawal ka atta) are added to this chicken mixture for the pakora batter. Cornflour can also be added at this point, to get crunchy pakoras and a thicker batter. A little water can be used to obtain a moist batter, although it should not be too runny. Small pakora pieces are dropped into a hot pan containing oil and deep-fried to golden-brown. The excess oil can be removed by soaking with kitchen tissues.
These crispy golden Chicken Pakoras can be served with tomato sauce or chutney. So get ready to be transported into deep-fried paradise.
If you are looking for more interesting Chicken snacks do check Chicken Fry, Mini Chicken Sandwiches, Bread sausage roll.
How to make Chicken Pakora
|Boneless chicken small pieces||10- 12 pieces|
|Gram flour ( besan)||4 table spoon|
|Rice flour (chawal ka aata)||3 table spoon|
|Onion (payaz) sliced thinly||½ cup|
|Black pepper (kali mirch) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2 table spoon|
|Garlic cloves (lahsan)||4-5|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1 table spoon|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||1 sprig|
|Refined Oil||for frying|
- 1. Wash chicken pieces and sprinkle some salt, turmeric and black pepper on it.
- 2. Crush together green chillies and garlic in a motor and pestle.
- 3. Add crushed garlic-chillies, onion slices, curry leaves and lemon juice into the chicken.
- 4. Add gram flour and rice flour into the chicken mixture.
- 5. Mix gently to coat the chicken well with dry flours. Adjust salt and if needed sprinkle little water and mix. (The mixture should be just moist enough.)
- 6. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- 7. Once the oil is hot, put the flame to medium, hold each chicken along with some onions, and drop into the oil.
- 8. Fry them on medium heat till they become golden in colour. Remove and drain them on an absorbent tissue.
- 9. Now fry all chickens in batches following same method.
- 10. Serve this hot crunchy pakodas with sauce.
- To make crispier Pakoda, add a little corn flour to the gram flour to make the batter.
- Recipe Type : Chicken snacks, Non vegetarian Snacks, Snacks
No comments yet.