|Chicken boneless, cubed||500 gm|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1 table spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), slit into half||4|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||4 table spoon|
|Onion (payaz) grated||1|
|Garlic & ginger (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Yoghurt (dahi)||½ cup|
|Chilli powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Turmeric (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (Sarso ke dane)||½ tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (Jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Fenugreek seeds (methi)||1/4 tea spoon|
|Fennel seeds (saunf)||½ tea spoon|
|Onion seeds (kalunji)||1/4 tea spoon|
- 1. Mix grated onion, garlic- ginger paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt together in a bowl. Add curd into this mixture and marinade chicken with it. Keep this in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 1. Toast cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and cloves in a pan over medium heat for about 1 minute, crush the seeds lightly and keep aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the marinated chicken for about 15 minutes on medium flame.
- 3. After 15 minutes add lemon juice, crushed seeds and sugar. Stir it well. If required add little water. Add green chillies, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 4. If required add little water and bring it to the boil.
- 5. Finish it with coriander leaves, green chillies and lemon juice.
- 6. Serve "Achari chicken" with Roti or Nan.