Stuffed Cheese Chicken Recipe
Cheese has the potential to enhance the beauty of any dish. Stuffed Cheese Chicken is no different. In this, a gooey cream cheese filling is stuffed in a chicken-bread crumb batter and baked.
The stuffing contains the perfect combination of cream cheese and mint (pudina) leaves, sprinkled with some spices. These spices can be added according to taste. The mint leaves give a refreshing flavour, while the cream cheese simply melts in your mouth. For the batter, medium-sized chicken chunks are marinated with hot spices and allowed to rest for some time. A layer of the mint-cheese mixture is applied between the split chicken pieces. This is followed by dipping the piece in a beaten egg (anda) mixture, and then rolled in a bread crumb-all- purpose flour (maida) mixture. After shallow-frying these chunks on a hot pan, they are baked in the oven until they turn golden-brown. The oven should be pre-heated to the correct temperature beforehand.
Stuffed Cheese Chicken can be served hot with a mustard dip or tomato ketchup, as a starter. The combination of crispy chicken oozing with warm and delicious cream-cheese is good enough to make anyone’s day.
If you are looking for more interesting chicken snacks do check Grilled chicken Roll, Chicken Pakoda, Chicken Fry, Chicken Cutlet
How to make Stuffed Cheese Chicken
|Bone less chicken||½ kg|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch )||1 tea spoon|
|Bread crumbs||½ cup|
|All purpose flower (maida)||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
|Cream cheese||6-7 table spoon|
|Mint (pudina) leaves||8-10|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Finely chop mint leaves and mix it with cheese.
- 2. Add black pepper and salt and keep aside.
- 1. Cut chicken into medium sized pieces; slit the pieces from middle (horizontally).
- 2. Try to keep the pieces intact from one end.
- 3. Marinate chicken pieces with salt and red chilli and keep this aside for 30 minutes.
- 4. Break and beat eggs in a bowl, add little salt and pepper and set aside.
- 5. Mix bread crumbs and all purpose flour in a plate and keep aside.
- 6. Now spread a layer of cheese mixture in between the split chicken pieces.
- 7. Dip this piece in egg mixture and roll it in bread crumbs and keep aside.
- 8. Repeat the process with all pieces.
- 9. Now, heat oil in a pan and shallow fry chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- 10. Preheat oven at 200 C and bake the chicken for 12-15 minutes.
- 11. Serve “Stuffed Cheese Chicken” with sauce or dip of your choice.
- Recipe Type : Chicken snacks, Non vegetarian Snacks, Snacks
No comments yet.