Hot Spicy Vermicelli Toast
My relatives from USA had come over for the summer holidays. They wanted to try out some spicy Indian dish, but were apprehensive about having food from street vendors. So, I decided to prepare something spicy at home itself. I prepared a fiery and nutritious Hot Spicy Vermicelli Toast for them to try out. Here is the recipe for it.
Vermicelli (sewai) is roasted first, followed by sautéing of chopped onion (pyaaz) and garlic (lahsan) on low heat. After a few minutes, tomatoes (tamatar), mushrooms, carrots (gajar) and other vegetables are added to this and stir-fried. Any vegetable can be used for the topping. These veggies are properly cooked and sprinkled with some spices, along with the addition of water which aids in cooking. These spices can be added according to taste. The mixture is brought to a boil, and vermicelli is added to it and cooked.
The bread piece is sliced from the centre to form two triangles, which are toasted in the oven. Some butter is applied onto it, and it is topped with the vermicelli mixture. This vermicelli toast is then cooked in the oven till it becomes crispy golden-brown. The oven should be pre-heated to the correct temperature beforehand. Hot Spicy Vermicelli Toast was very much enjoyed by my relatives along with some tomato ketchup.
You may also like recipes of Creamy Spinach Toast, Twisted Egg Toast, Noodle Stuffed bread Roll, Twisted Bread Pizza.
How to make Hot Spicy Vermicelli Toast
|Vermicelli (sewai)||1 cup|
|Tomato (tamater)||1 small|
|Green chilies (hari mirch)||1|
|French beans (phalia)||4|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||¼ cup|
|Chili flakes (kuti lal mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Butter (makhhan)||2 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 table spoon|
- 1. Roast vermicelli and set aside.
- 2. Chop beans, mushrooms, carrot, onion and tomato in thin slices. Chop garlic and green chilies into small pieces.
- 3. Heat the oil in a pan add the onions, cook on low heat until the onion is transparent, add garlic, green chilies and cook on low heat for another minute.
- 4. Now add tomato slices and cook it for few minutes.
- 5. Add the mushrooms, carrots and french beans, stir, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes or till the carrots are almost cooked.
- 6. Once it is done add chili flake, black pepper and salt.
- 7. Now add 3 cups of water and boil it.
- 8. Then add vermicelli and cook it for 5-7 min.
How to proceed
- 1. Cut bread into two triangles and toast it in oven.
- 2. Apply butter on it and now apply a spoon full of cooked vermicelli on it.
- 3. Pre heat oven at 180 C and cook till it becomes crisp.
- 4. Serve “Hot Spicy Vermicelli Toast” hot.
- Recipe Type : Break fast with twist, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.