|Rohu or katla fish cut in pieces||500 gm|
|Yellow mustard seeds||5-6 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan ) cloves||7-8|
|Coriander(dhaniya) seeds||4-5 table spoon|
|Tomato (tamater) paste||1 large|
|Turmeric powder (Haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Chilli powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||according to taste|
|Fenugreek (methi) seeds||¼ tea spoon|
|Mustard oil (sarso tel)||6-7 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||4-5 table spoon|
- 1. Clean & wash fish. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- 2. Take mustard seeds, coriander seeds, garlic and tomato in a blender jar and grind it to a smooth paste.
- 3. Heat mustard oil in a pan. Fry fish pieces to nicely golden. Take out from oil and keep aside.
- 4. Now in same oil add fenugreek seeds stir it for few seconds.
- 5. Now add the ground spices and cook it till oil gets separated. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- 6. Then add water and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- 7. Now add fried fishes and let it cook for few more minutes.
- 8. Once done remove it from flame and garnish it with chopped coriander.
- 9. Serve “sarso-lahsan ki machhi” with plain Rice or Paratha.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Fish, Non vegetarian
No comments yet.