Leftover Roti to Tikki
My husband completely adores aloo tikkis. After tasting some at a colleague’s birthday party, he urged me to prepare some tikkis. I was pretty impressed and amused that he wanted to show off my cooking skills at his workplace. I tried to come up with my own variation of tikkis, and avoided use of aloo to make way for some healthier ingredients. Although not at all similar to aloo tikka in taste, it tasted good nevertheless and gave me a chance to showcase my risk-taking abilities. In this recipe, I have used left over rice (chawal) in powdered form. Instead of potato (aloo), I have included veggies like grated cauliflower (gobhi), cottage cheese (paneer) and finely chopped onions (pyaaz) in the tikka batter. Cabbage (bandh gobhi) and carrot (gajar) can also be used here. Cream (malai) is added to the batter to provide rich, smooth texture. Corn flour acts as the thickening and binding agent. These rolled patties (tikkis) are shallow fried in some amount of oil. The excess oil can be done away with by dabbing with kitchen tissues. The hot patties can be served with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Try this recipe if you feel the need to spice things up a bit in your daily schedule.
How to make Leftover Roti to Tikki
|Left over Roti||6 pieces|
|Onion (Payaz). Finely chopped||2 table spoon|
|Cauliflower (gobhi), grated||4 table spoon|
|Cottage cheese (paneer), grated||4 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||2 tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan), crushed||1/2 tea spoon|
|Dried Fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Cream (Malai)||2 tea spoon|
|Corn flour||2 tea spoon|
|Oil||2 table spoon|
- 1. Take roti in a blender jar and grind it to rough powder.
- 2. Take the powder in a bowl.
- 3. Now add onion, cauliflower, cottage cheese, green chillies, garlic and coriander leaves in it and mix properly.
- 4. Once it is mixed add salt, dried fenugreek leaves and cream to the mixture.
- 5. Now make 8-10 small patties (Tikki) with this mixture.
- 6. Take corn flour in a plate and roll the patties (tikki) in it.
- 7. Heat little oil in a pan, and shallow the patties (Tikki) into it.
- 8. Serve this hot with sauce.