|Small Prawns||2 cups|
|Onions (payaz), finely chopped||1 cup|
|Ginger (Adrakh) cut into julian||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Green Chillies (hari mirch), slit||2 pieces|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||8-10 leaves|
|Oil||4 table spoons|
Ingredients for storage
Ingredients for Balchao Masala
|Kashmiri Chillies||15- 20 pieces|
|Ginger (adrakh), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1table spoon|
|Cumin seeds (Jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (Haldi) Powder||½ tea spoon|
|Tamarind (imli) pulp||2 table spoons|
|Vinegar (sirka)||¼ Cup|
- 1. Clean and wash prawns.
- 2. Heat little oil in a pan and sauté the prawns for a while.
- 3. Remove it from flame and grind it in coarse paste in a blender. (You can also chop prawns into small pieces).
- 4. Meanwhile, chop the onions, ginger and garlic.
- 5. Now again heat a good amount of oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and sauté it for 1 minute.
- 6. Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger in pan and sauté it for sometimes.
- 7. When onion becomes little brown, add the balchao masala and let it cook for sometimes.
- 8. Once it is done, add prawns and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 9. Now add some split green chillies and put the flame off.
Balchao Masala Preparation
- 1. Take Kashmiri red chillies, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, cumin and tamarind pulp in a grinder jar, and grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
- 2. Once blended well add vinegar and keep it aside.
- If you are going to consume the Balchao immediately you can use less oil.
- If you want to preserve it for a long time add more oil for preservation. The oil should float on the surface of the content.
- Dried prawns can also be used for the preparation of this
- Recipe Type : Goa, Non Vegetarian, Regional
No comments yet.