|Amaranth leaves||500 grams|
|Garlic cloves, chopped||2 tea spoons|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||4 table spoons|
|Coconut (nariyel), grated||4 table spoons|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), grated||2 table spoons|
|Vegetable oil||3 table spoons|
- 1. Clean, wash and chop amaranth finely and keep aside.
- 2. In a pan, heat 2 table spoons of oil.
- 3. Add onions, green chillies and garlic and cook onion becomes translucent.
- 4. Now add the chopped amaranth leaves, salt and cook it covered till the moisture dries up.
- 5. When the amaranth leaves are softened and cooked, add grated coconut.
- 6. Stir it well cover again and simmer on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7. Switch off the flame.
- 8. Serve tambdi bhaji as a side dish with dal & curries.