|Prawns/ Mackrels||500 grams|
|Onion (payaz), sliced||1 big|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch)||4|
|Coconut (grated)||3 cups|
|Coriander seeds (dhaniya)||2 table spoons|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Whole red chillies (lal mirch)||2-3|
|Peppercorns (kali mirch)||6-7|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Tamarind pulp (Imli)||2 table spoons|
- 1. Clean and wash fish.
- 2. Marinate it with salt, turmeric powder, a bit of chopped garlic and chopped green chillies.
- 3. Grind together coconut, coriander, cumin seeds, whole red chilli, pepper corns, and stand it for 10 minutes.
- 4. Add ½ cup of warm water in the ground mixture and squeeze the coconut through a muslin cloth so as to extract all milk.
- 5. Simmer the milk over a slow flame till it thickens.
- 6. In another pan heat oil and add sliced onion and garlic and sauté it for 3-4 minutes.
- 7. Add marinated fish, turmeric powder and stir fry for a minute.
- 8. Now pour the prepared coconut milk, tamarind pulp, salt and tefla and simmer till the curry is reduced in half and fish is cooked.
- 9. Serve this with steamed rice.
- Tefla- It is berry that is native to Goa and is valued because it gives a strong aromatic and characteristic flavour to the fish curry.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Fish, Goa, Non vegetarian, Non Vegetarian, Regional
No comments yet.