For Keema pulao Recipe
|Minced meat (keema)||200 gm|
|Biryani Rice (Biryani chawal)||2 cups|
|Medium onions (payaj) chopped||2 big|
|Green Chillies (hari mirch) Chopped||2 table spoons|
|Tomatoes (tamatar) chopped||1 big|
|Ginger (adrakh) paste||1 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Clarified butter (ghee )||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Caraway (shahijeera) seeds||½ tea spoon|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||1-2 pieces|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya) chopped||½ cup|
|Mint leaves (pudina) chopped||2-3 tea spoons|
|Turmeric powder||½ tea spoon|
Spices to be ground
|Brown Cardamom (Moti elaichi)||1 piece|
|Cloves (laung)||3-4 pieces|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||5-6 pieces|
|Cumin (jeera) seeds||½ tea spoon|
|Whole red chilli ( lal mirch)||2|
|Mace||½ tea spoon|
|Stone flower||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Wash the rice and soak in water for about 20 min. Cook rice with some salt and ghee
- 2. Take cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin seeds, red chilli, mace and stone flower in a jar and grind these well and keep aside.
- 3. Take minced mutton to another vessel and wash lightly, drain with help of a strainer and keep aside.
- 4. In a non stick vessel, heat the clarified butter. Add bay leaves and caraway seeds and leave for 30 second to flavor the oil.
- 5. Now add onion, ginger garlic paste and sauté it till onion gets golden colour.
- 6. Then add turmeric powder, tomato and green chillies and cook it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- 7. Add in the prepared spices powder and salt and stir well
- 8. Once the spices start giving out oil, add minced mutton and cook it well for 20 minutes or till it is done (If required add little water).
- 9. Now add mint and coriander leaves and stir it.
- 10. Lower the flame, and add in the cooked rice to the minced mutton mixture and mix well, so that the spices coat the rice real well. Cook this for further 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- 11. Serve "Keema pulao" with raita and salad.