The perfect blend of spices with chana dal (split bengal gram) and minced mutton makes this a special dish. A just right combination of spices gives the real flavour to the Kebab. Preparation of accurate stuffing is very essential for the dish.
Soaked chana dal is ground with other spices into a very smooth paste. Mince mutton is boiled and is also grind into smooth paste. Both the mixtures are mixed and a smooth paste is prepared. This mixture should be really smooth and if required little amount of corn flour is used at this stage.
Stuffing is prepared by mixing cheese and mint leaves. Mint leaves can be used by chopping it finely or it may be used as a paste. Mild salt and black pepper are added to it.
Now with the minced mixture, small balls are prepared and are stuffed with little amount of stuffing. While making the kebab, it should never be overstuffed, otherwise kebab would crack. The balls are now deep fried in oil and served with chutney.
|Minced Mutton (keema)||500 gm|
|Bengal gram (chana dal)||100 gm|
|Garlic (lahsun) crushed||4 table spoons|
|Ginger (adrakh) grated||2 tea spoons|
|Cumin Seed (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Brown Cardamoms (badi elaichi)||1|
|Cinnamon (dalchini)||1” piece|
|Pepper corns (kalimirch)||6-7|
|Whole Red Chillies (lal mirch)||4|
|Corn starch||3-4 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Refined oil||for frying|
|Cheese grated||4-5 table spoons|
|Mint (pudina) leaves||8-10|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||¼ tea spoon|
- 1. Make a paste of mint leaves.
- 2. Add grated cheese, salt and black pepper into the mint paste and mix it well.
- 3. Keep this mixture aside.
- 1. Soak Bengal gram for 3-4 hours.
- 2. Boil minced meat with 3 cups of water and little salt, till water is absorbed and meat is tender.
- 3. Grind meat into a fine paste.
- 4. Take garlic, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger, peppercorns, red chillies and soaked gram lentil and grind into a fine paste.
- 5. Mix both the pastes well and adjust salt.
- 6. Now add corn starch and prepare uniform mixture.
- 7. Divide the dough into 16 small balls. Take each ball and make a small depression in centre.
- 8. Put some stuffing in this hole and roll it into small kebabs.
- 9. Heat oil in a deep wok.
- 10. Dip it into beaten egg and deep fry kebabs till golden brown and serve hot with sauce or chutney.
- Recipe Type : Kababs / Starter, Mutton, Non vegetarian
No comments yet.