|Basmati Rice||2 cups|
|Mixed Vgetable (cauliflower, baby corns, carrot, French beans)||1 cup|
|Onion (payaz) finely chopped||1 cup|
|Onion (payaz) sliced||1 cup|
|Garlic ginger (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Green Chillies (hari mirch) finely Sliced||2|
|Tomato (tamater) finely chopped||½ cup|
|Curd (dahi)||¼ cup|
|Cinnamon (dalchini)||1” piece|
|Brown cardamom (badi elaichi)||3-4|
|Whole black pepper (sabut kali mirch)||5-6|
|Javitri (mace)||¼ tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso ke dane)||½ tea spoon|
|Aniseed flower (chakr phool)||1-2|
|Red chili powder (lal mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Kewra water||1 table spoon|
|Orange food colour||Few drops|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
|Clarified butter (Ghee)||4-5 table spoon|
|Onion rings (fried)|
|Dry fruits (I prefer fried cashew nuts and almonds)|
- 1. Wash and drain Basmati rice well before cooking.
- 2. Then take rice in a microwave bowl, add salt, little ghee and aniseed flower and cook it in microwave for 10- 12 minutes. (You can also use cooker or pan for this process).
- 3. Cut all vegetables into small thin pieces.
- 4. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry each one of the vegetable separately in oil and keep it aside.
- 5. Deep fry onion rings and dry fruits and keep them aside.
- 6. In another pan take 3- 4 table spoon clarified butter and add mustard seeds, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, mace, cardamoms and green chilies stir for about half minute.
- 7. Then add onions and sauté them for a minute till they get pink in color. Add garlic ginger paste and cook for sometimes.
- 8. Add salt, black pepper and red chilli powder and stir.
- 9. Add fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked. Add curd and cook till oil gets separated.
- 10. Add all fried vegetables; mix them well.
- 11. Add cooked rice and mix well with very light hands so that rice grains should not break.
- 12. Cook them for about 3 minutes.
- 13. Add one or two drops of food colour and stir it lightly. (With this process few rice grains of Biryani will become of orange colour and rest of rice will be of white colour. This gives a beautiful look to Biryani).
- 14. Now add kewra water and half of the fried onion slices and stir it.
- 15. Take this vegetable Biryani out in a serving dish.
- 16. Garnish with fried onion, dry fruits and green coriander leaves. Serve vegetable Biryani hot with raita and pickle.
- Recipe Type : Rice, Vegetarian
Comments are closed.