|Rice (chawal)||1 ½ cup|
|Pigeon peas split (toor dal)||¾ cup|
|Onion (pyaz), sliced finely||½ cup|
|Tomatoes (tamater), chopped||½ cup|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), slit||2-3 pieces|
|Desiccated coconut (khopra)||½ cup|
|Lemon sized balls Tamarind (imli)||11/2 piece|
|Vegetable Oil||4 table spoon|
|Curry (curry patta) leaves||2 sprigs|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Asafetida (hang)||a pinch|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder|
|Mustard seeds (sarso ke dane)||½ tea spoon|
|Red (sabut lal mirch) chillies||2|
|Clarified Butter (ghee)||4-5 table spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||5-7 Pieces|
|Pea nuts (moongphali)||¼ cup|
For bisi bile bhat masala
|Bengal gram split (chana dal)||¼ cup|
|Split black gram (urad dal)||2 table spoon|
|Green cardamoms (chhoti elaichi)||4|
|Fenugreek (methi ) seeds||¼ tea spoon|
|Cumin(jeera) seeds 1/2 tea spoon|
|Whole Red (sabut lal mirch) chillies||4|
- 1. Soak the rice and dals separately for twenty minutes and drain.
- 2. Soak the tamarind in one cup of warm water for half an hour, remove the pulp, strain and keep aside.
- 3. Dry roast “Bisi Bile bhat” ingredients individually on a pan. Mix all the roasted ingredients and grind to a coarse powder.
- 4. Heat three tablespoons oil in a pressure cooker and sauté the onion till it turns translucent.
- 5. Add slit green chillies, curry leaves and turmeric powder and stir-fry briefly.
- 6. Add soaked rice and dal along with five cups of water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and let the rice and dal half cooked.
- 7. Add tomatoes, asafetida powder, red chilli powder, tamarind pulp and salt. Stir well and add powdered huliyana masala.
- 8. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Open the lid carefully and stir well, check consistency.
- 9. If it is too dry, moisten with a little warm water.
- 10. Heat remaining oil and temper it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chillies and add this to rice.
- 11. Heat pure ghee and fry the Peanuts and Cashew nuts to light brown and add to the rice, along with the ghee. Mix well and serve hot.
- Recipe Type : Rice, Vegetarian
No comments yet.