|Basmati Rice (basmati Chawal)||2 cups|
|Chicken small pieces||250 gm|
|Caraway seeds (shahi jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Cloves (laung)||2-3 Pieces|
|Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi)||2|
|Mace (javitri)||½ tea spoon|
|Black pepper corns (kali mirch)||5-6 pieced|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander powder (dhaniya)||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) crushed||2 table spoons|
|Ginger ( adrakh) chopped||1 table spoon|
|Onion (payaj) chopped||1 cup|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya) chopped||3-4 table spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||½ cup|
|Raisins (Kismish)||5-6 Pieces|
|Cashew nuts ( Kaju)||8-10 Pieces|
|Salt (namak)||as per taste|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||3-4 table spoon|
|Cooking oil||1 table spoon|
- 1. Clean and wash rice properly and soak it in some water for 20 minutes.
- 2. Deep fry raisins and cashew nuts in oil and keep aside.
- 3. Take ½ cup of yogurt and add salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Whisk the yogurt nicely and keep it aside.
- 4. Heat ghee in a pan, add caraway seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper corns, cloves and mace and cook it for 30 seconds.
- 5. Then add onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies and cook it till onion becomes brown in colour.
- 6. Once it is done, add the whisked yogurt mixture and cook it for sometimes or till oil gets separated.
- 7. Now add the chicken pieces and add some salt at this stage. Cook it for sometimes.
- 8. Once chicken is cooked add rice and 2 cups of water and let it cook for some times. Rice should be cooked properly at this stage only.
- 9. Stir it gently to avoid breakage of rice.
- 10. Once the rice is cooked, mix the fried dry fruits and coriander leaves and serve hot
- Recipe Type : Chicken, Non vegetarian, Rice/ Biryani
No comments yet.