|Onion (payaz), chopped||1 cup|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||10-12|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||½ teaspoon|
|Lime juice (nimboo ka ras)||2 table spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger Garlic (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Coriander (dhaniya) powder||1 table spoon|
|Mustard oil (Sarso tel)||3-4 table spoon|
|Pepper corns (sabut kalimirch)||6-7|
|Poppy seeds (khuskhus)||3 table spoon|
|Sesame seeds (safed til)||1 table spoon|
|Coconut (Nariyel) powder||½ cup|
|Hot spices (garam masala) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||½ cup|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Clean and wash fish pieces and take them in a bowl.
- 2. Mix ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, chili powder, lime juice, hot spices in a small bowl.
- 3. Rub fish pieces with this blended paste, mix well and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- 4. Heat a pan and dry roast poppy seeds, sesame seeds, pepper corns in it, till a fragrance starts coming. Let it cool.
- 5. Once cooled completely take this roasted mixture in a grinder jar and add coconut powder in it. Grind the mixture well to make smooth paste.
- 6. In pan heat oil, add onions cook till golden brown, and now add this onion to same blender jar and blend it with the earlier prepared paste.
- 7. Add this paste to fish and keep it for 30 minutes.
- 8. After 30 minutes heat mustard oil in a nonstick pan, add curry leaves and stir it for 30 seconds.
- 9. Now add marinated fish and cook it covered in a very slow flame.
- 10. Once it is cooked from one side, turn to other side cook till golden brown colour.
- 11. Put the flame off and finish it with coriander leaves.
- 12. Serve “fish masala with poppy seeds” hot.