Moongfali Ki Chutney
Peanut is an amazing ingredient. Not only is it rich in essential nutrients, it is also very health for the heart. I make a conscious effort to integrate peanuts into my daily diet. This recipe demonstrates how ground peanuts can be put to good use. Moongfali (Peanut) ki Chutney is a South Indian mainstay. It is very easy to prepare and does not require a lot of ingredients. This creamy protein-rich chutney is low on the spice quotient, and has a nice nutty flavour to it. Make sure that you roast the peanuts on low flame, before grinding them. As peanuts have a mild inherent sweet taste, I have added tamarind pulp (imli) to make it more acidic and tangy. Variants include adding coconut (nariyal) or milk (doodh), which gives a wonderful white colour to the chutney. The tempering contains some aromatic spices, which just adds to the beauty of the chutney. This chutney contains little water, and has a thick consistency and smooth texture. Moongfali ki Chutney can be served with Idlis and Dosas, or can be used as a sandwich spread too. This recipe is a must-try if you want to prepare something yummy in just a few minutes.
You may also like the recipe of Moongfali Dhaniya Chutney, Ginger Ki Chutney
How to make Moongfali Ki Chutney
|Peanuts (moong fali)||1 cup|
|Whole Red Chilli (sabut lal mirch)||2 piece|
|Tamarind pulp (imli)||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Curry leaves (kadi patta)||6-7 piece|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||a pinch|
|Oil||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Roast pea nuts and red chilli in a pan.
- 2. Grind it to smooth paste using little water.
- 3. Add tamarind pulp and salt and remove it in a bowl.
- 4. In a small frying pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds.
- 5. After they splutter, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and green chillies. Fry these ingredients for half a minute on a medium flame. Do not burn them. Just a light frying.
- 6. Once done, add this entire hot mixture to the chutney. Mix well and serve.
- Recipe Type : Chutney, Vegetarian
No comments yet.