|Prawn (de-veined)||500 gm|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||3-4 table spoon|
|Vinegar (sirka)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||as per taste|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||1 tea spoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)||1 tea spoon|
|Onion (payaz) chopped||2 big|
|Tomato (tamater)||1 medium|
|Garlic- ginger (lahsan adrakh) paste||2 table spoon|
|Kashmiri red chillies (Kashmiri lal mirch)||2-3 Pieces|
|Whole red chillies (sabut lal mirch)||2-3Pieces|
|Coriander seed (dhaniya sabut)||2 tea spoon|
|Caraway seed (shahi jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Fennel seed (saunf)||½ tea spoon|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||1|
|Cloves (laung)||2-3 Pieces|
|Pepper corn (kali mirch)||7-8 Pieces|
|Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi)||2|
|Black cardamom (moti elaichi)||1|
|Stone flower (pathar phool)||½ table spoon|
|Poppy seed (khus khus)||1 table spoon|
|Lime wedges for garnish|
- 1. Marinate prawns with salt and turmeric for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Boil onion and both variety of red chilies in water for 5-7 minutes. Allow it to cool and peel off the onion skin and chop them.
- 3. Take little oil in a non-stick pan. Add bay leaf, caraway, coriander, fennel, green and brown cardamoms, cloves and pepper corns, Kashmiri chilli and red chillies and cook it for 1 minute or until it starts leaving aroma. Add boiled onion, garlic ginger and tomato and cook it for sometimes. Add stone flower and poppy seeds. Add little water and cook it well.
- 4. Grind this mixture well add little water if required. The paste should be smooth and thick. Strain it in strainer to get fine paste.
- 5. Take the same non-stick pan add little oil. Once oil is hot add the prepared spice paste.
- 6. Cook this for 3-4 minutes or until the paste starts leaving the edges of the pan.
- 7. Add turmeric powder, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and sugar. Now add prawn. Mix it nicely and cook uncovered until the mixture gets dry and starts leaving oil around the edges. Sprinkle vinegar and coriander leaves and mix nicely. Switch off the gas.
- 8. Serve it with lemon wedges.