|Lamb, cut into large cubes||500 gm|
|Ghee||4-5 table spoon|
|Saffron (kesar)||1 tea spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||1 cup|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||1|
|Asafoetida (hing)||1 lump|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1 tea spoon|
Spices Grind to paste
|Dried ginger powder (sauth)||1 table spoon|
|Garlic paste||2 table spoon|
|Fennel seeds (saunf)||1 table spoon|
|Caraway( shahi jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Pepper corns (Kali mirch)||7-8 tea spoon|
|Cinnamon sticks (dalchini)||2” piece|
|Brown cardamoms (moti elaichi)||2|
|Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi)||4|
|Cloves ( laung)||4-5 Pieces|
|Whole Red chilli (lal mirch)||3-4 Pieces|
|Mace (javitri)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Grind together the spices and keep aside
- 2. Soak saffron in curd.
- 3. Heat ghee and fry the lump of asafetida and bay leaf.
- 4. Add meat and fry until well browned
- 5. Pour in the curd and saffron and fry until liquid is absorbed
- 6. Add the ground spices, turmeric powder and salt and cook it for sometimes
- 7. Add a glassful of water and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until tender.
- 8. Remove cover and cook until liquid is gone. Serve it hot.