Broccoli Apple Salad
Broccoli Apple Salad is an unlikely combination of healthy ingredients and one of the few salads on this list in which vegetables and fruits assemble together to deliver a powerful punch. The mild sweetness of apples meshes brilliantly with the crunchiness of the green wonder that is broccolis. I have also thrown onions (pyaaz), tomatoes (tamatar) and capsicum into the mix; some other vegetables can be added too. The salad dressing in this recipe is more of a rich sauce, due to the addition of tomato sauce and soya sauce. This sweet-savoury dressing also comprises of mayonnaise and lemon juice. Coriander and mint leaves add a hint of freshness to the sauce and make for the perfect summer ingredients. Apart from this, a few spices are added too, all of which can be added according to taste. Broccoli Apple Salad is to be served chilled. This road less travelled might lead to a few pleasant surprises.
How to make Broccoli Apple Salad
|Broccoli Florets||1 cup|
|Onion cut into small pieces||½ cup|
|Medium apple (cut into small pieces)||½ cup|
|Tomato cut into small pieces||½ cup|
|Capsicum cut into small pieces||½ cup|
|Mayonnaises||3 table spoon|
|Tomato sauce||4 table spoon|
|Lemon Juice||1 table spoon|
|Soya sauce||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Castor sugar||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper||to taste|
|Coriander leaves||¼ cup|
|Mint leaves||¼ cup|
- 1. Take coriander leaves and mint leaves in a motor and pestle and crush it well.
- 2. Add all other dressing ingredients into the crushed leaves and mix it well.
- 1. Cut broccoli into small florets with long stalks.
- 2. Boil water with salt add broccoli pieces and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain it and put in cold water.
- 4. Mix apple, tomato, onion and capsicum with broccoli and adjust salt and pepper.
- 5. Now add the sauce mixture and serve it chilled.