Egg and Mushroom Salad
The best thing about salads is that they are a beautiful amalgamation of a plenty of varied ingredients. You can experiment and play with different combinations of flavours to achieve the perfect synergy. That is how I came up with my Egg and Mushroom Salad recipe. Hard-boiled eggs (anda) and juicy mushrooms married together in a holy union, with the blessings of a creamy mayonnaise dressing and topped with some boiled yummy potatoes (aloo) makes for an excellent salad. I have first boiled the mushrooms, followed by washing it under cold running water to extract its tender and succulent taste. The dressing used in this salad is a sublime blend of contrasting yet complementing ingredients, like mayonnaise, maple syrup, pepper and some more. Overall, it gives a sweet and spicy flavour, enriched by creaminess. Honey can also be used a substitute in case maple syrup is unavailable. This quick and wholesome Egg and Mushroom Salad is bound to get your tummy tickling.
How to make Egg and Mushroom Salad
|Mushroom, chopped||½ cup|
|Boiled potatoes, chopped||½ cup|
|Onions, chopped||½ cup|
|Hard boiled Eggs||2|
|Red wine Vinegar||1 tea spoon|
|Olive Oil||1 table spoon|
|Mayonnaise||4 table spoon|
|Black pepper||to taste|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||2 table spoon|
|Maple syrup||2 table spoon|
- 1. Take lightly salted water in a large pot and boil the mushrooms until tender.
- 2. Now drain water and wash the mushrooms under cold running water.
- 3. Pat the mushrooms dry and cut into ½" pieces.
- 4. Separate the egg whites and yolks, and coarsely chop each.
- 5. In a bowl, blend the vinegar, maple syrup, mayonnaise, Olive oil, coriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- 6. Add the mushrooms, onion and potato slice and toss well.
- 7. Finally add the egg whites, yolks, and mix properly before serving.
- You can replace maple syrup with honey.