Lehsuni Naan Recipe
Lehsuni naan is a flavoured naan. Naan is Indian bread, which is liked in-house but is also famous in abroad. Any part of world, where Indian food is popular, there Naan is always offered. These are prepared with refined flour (maida) and it pair nicely with all Indian vegetarian and non vegetarian curries.
Like naan, ingredients and cooking method is important of making good quality lehsuni naan. Here also little fermentation of dough is required for good texture. Traditionally, like Naan, lehsuni naan is also prepared on clay oven. Due to unavailability of clay oven in urban areas now days it is prepared in electric tandoor or gas tawa/ griddle.
In Lahsuni Naan mild blend of garlic, green chillies and lemon is added to offer flavour. In Butter Naan, little butter is added in flour and then a layer of butter is applied on cooked Naan.
I have also posted more Indian Bread recipes Tandoori Roti, Aalo da Paratha, Sheermal, Papad ka Paratha, Sattu K Paratha
How to make Lehsuni Naan Recipe
|All purpose flour (maida)||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Dry yeast (khamir)||1 tea spoon|
|Luke warm milk(doodh)||½ cup|
|Curd (dahi)||2 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Butter (makhhan)||for brushing|
|Garlic cloves (lahsan)||1/4 cup|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2 tea spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1 tea spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||1 ½ tea spoon|
- 1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in ½ cup of lukewarm water and leave aside for 10 minutes for fermentation.
- 2. Meanwhile take garlic, green chillies and lemon juice in a motor and pestle and ground the spices roughly.
- 3. Now take all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add the half of the ground paste, curd and yeast mixture and knead into soft dough, using luke warm milk.(if required add little luke warm water also)
- 4. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside till it doubles in volume.
- 5. Once it is doubled knead it again for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Divide the dough into 8-9 equal portions and roll out each portion like nan.
- 7. Now spread 1 tea spoon of prepared ground paste(garlic-green chilli) over each nan and cook it in tandoor.
- 8. Otherwise, it can also be cooked on flat tawa by covering the nan with aluminium foil.
- 9. Cook it for 2 minutes from one side, turn the side and again cook it.
- 10. Grease little butter before serving.
- Recipe Type : Roti/ Indian breads, Vegetarian
No comments yet.