Naan Recipe is Indian bread, which is liked in-house but is also famous in abroad. Any part of world, where Indian food is popular, there Naan is always offered. These are prepared with refined flour (maida) and it pair nicely with all Indian vegetarian and non vegetarian curries.
Ingredients and cooking method is important of making good quality Naan . I keep the prepared dough for few hours it gives softness in Naan. Traditionally, Naan is prepared on clay oven. Due to unavailability of clay oven in urban areas now days it is prepared in electric tandoor or gas tawa/ griddle.
In Butter Naan, little butter is added in flour and then a layer of butter is applied on cooked Naan.
How to make Naan Recipe
|All purpose Flour (Maida)||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Dry yeast||1/2 tea spoon|
|Luke warm milk||1/2 tea spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||3 table spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||1 table spoon|
|Oil||1 table spoon|
|Onion seeds (Kalunji)||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Soak yeast in luke warm milk with little sugar. Leave it for 10 minutes for fermentation.
- 2. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.
- 3. Mix the curd, oil and mix it well.
- 4. Now pour the yeast mixture into the centre of the flour and knead adding luke warm milk to form soft dough.
- 5. Then cover with damp cloth and allow the dough to get it fermented for 3-4 hours. (In winter it may need little more time).
- 6. Once it is doubled knead it again and divide the dough into 8 balls.
- 7. Shape each ball of dough with the palms to make an oval shape. Sprinkle onion seeds.
- 8. Allow them to rest 5-6 minutes.
- 9. Turn on the oven to maximum heat.
- 10. Bake the Nan until puffed up and golden brown in tandoor.
- 11. Otherwise, it can also be cooked on flat tawa by covering the nan with aluminum foil.
- 12. Cook it for 2 minutes from one side, turn the side and again cook it.
- 13. Brush it with butter Serve hot.