Chicken Do Pyaza Recipe
Chicken Do Pyaza has always been charm on dinner table. It is a very popular dish of muslin cuisine. Usually this recipe is inherited in different families. All have their own method of preparing Do Pyaza.
I am following my mom’s recipe here, who was actually a brilliant cook. I have tried Chicken Do Pyaza in many places but none of them could match my Mom’s Do pyaza. For Do Pyaza recipe, she used to use the quantity of onion doubly that of chicken. She used to fry chickens in initial stage that really gives wonderful flavor to the recipe. Although this step is not essential and can be avoided. Here both grated as well as chopped onions are used; this gives wonderful flavor to the recipe. Frying of chicken in initial stage gives additional flavor. Blend of spices like cumin, coriander, red chilli and aniseed are added to the recipe that gives additional flavor to the recipe. A mixture of curd and cream is added for extra richness.
How to make Chicken Do Pyaza Recipe
|Onion (payaz)||6-7 big|
|Garlic (lahsan)||1 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh)||1 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch)||6 table spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||4-5 table spoon|
|Cumin (jeera) powder||2 table spoon|
|Coriander (dhaniya) powder||2 table spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Aniseed (saunf)||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Curd (dahi)||1/4 cup|
|Cream (malai)||½ cup|
|Hot Spices (garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
- 1. Take 3 onions into a grinder jar, add garlic ginger and lemon and grind it to make a smooth paste.
- 2. Wash and drain chicken and sprinkle some salt on it.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan and fry chickens lightly and keep them aside.
- 4. Now chop rest of the onion into big pieces and fry it lightly.
- 5. Then add powders of cumin, coriander, red chilli, aniseed and turmeric and stir them well.
- 6. Now add chicken pieces and cook them for sometimes.
- 7. Then add the paste of onion mixture, and cook them for 8- 10 minutes.
- 8. Now add water and let it simmer on low heat till the chicken is cooked completely.
- 9. Now mix curd, cream and black pepper in a bowl and mix it well.
- 10. Add this to chicken and let it simmer for further 3-4 minutes, add hot spices (garam masala) and put the flame off.
- 11. Serve “Chicken Do Payaza” with nan or Roti.
- For additional flavor, chicken stock can be added instead of water for gravy preparation.