Cup n Plate
Cup n plate is very exciting snacks. A cup with a spicy stuffing and a saucer/plate….. its…amazing. This recipe looks like cup n plate and delicious in taste. .
Cups are reformed “Aalo Tikki”, prepared with flavoured mashed potatoes. Potatoes are moulded into cup shape, rolled in refined flour and are deep fried. Spicy stuffing is prepared with sweet corns and peas. Saucer is prepared with fried or toasted bread. Presentation of this recipe is also exciting, Keep the fried plate on a serving plate, and put your fried cup on it. Fill the cup with the prepared stuffing and top it with cream. Finally, put a drop of tomato sauce over cream and now it is ready to serve.
Serve this with a cup of tea, and they will love your creation.
How to make Cup n Plate
|All purpose flour (Maida)||3-4 table spoon|
|Roasted cumin (Jeera)||½ table spoon|
|Corn flour||2 table spoon|
|Oil||For deep frying|
|Peas (Matar)||1 cup|
|Sweet corns||½ cup|
|Onion (Pyaj), finely chopped||3 table spoon|
|Green chilies (Hari mirch), finely chopped||2|
|Tomato (Tamater), finely chopped||1|
|Ginger (Adrak), finely chopped||1” piece|
|Coriander leaves (Hara dhania)||2 table spoon|
|Hot spices powder (Garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Thick cream||½ cup|
|Tomato sauce||2 table spoon|
- 1. Boil potatoes in a pressure cooker and peel off its skin and mash them (Make sure there should not be any lump).
- 2. Add this to corn flour along with some salt and roasted cumin seeds.
- 3. After it is thick and kneaded well, make lemon sized balls.
- 4. After balls are made, flatten it a bit and make a deep hole in center to make it cup shaped.
- 5. Roll it in all purpose flour and keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour to get it settled.
- 6. Fry it in hot oil till it turns golden brown and keep it aside.
- 1. Boil sweet corns and peas in microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- 2. Put 1 table spoon oil in wok and sauté ginger chop for a minute and immediately add onion and green chilies.
- 3. When it is golden brown add tomatoes and stir it for 5-7min.
- 4. When oil begins to separate add hot spices, salt and chili powder and cook it for 2 minutes.
- 5. Then add green peas and sweet corns and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with coriander. Cool it and keep it aside.
- 1. Cut bread slices into roundel with the help of a sharp mouthed steel bowl. (It’s size should be like a plate/saucer).
- 2. Now deep fry the round bread till they become light brown in color. (To avoid oil, breads can also be toasted).
- 1. Place 6 slices of round, toasted/ fried bread on a serving plate
- 2. Place unfilled potato cups on each slice of bread. Now in the center of each cup fill stuffing mixture.
- 3. Drop 2 to 3 drops of cream on each of the stuffed cups.
- 4. Add a drop of tomato ketchup over it and serve this with a cup of tea.