Sprouts are one of the most dreaded ingredients at my home. My kids make a huge fuss about having it. So I decided to spice things up a little bit, and prepare a Sprouts Salad to impress them. Sprouts are rich in proteins and calcium, and hence must be consciously included in ones ’diet. This salad brings together different kinds of sprouts (moong and chana sprouts), and is served with a dash of lemony goodness, rounded off with a spicy seasoning. These spices can be added according to taste. I have also added coconut (nariyal) to the salad for that extra crunch. Roasted cumin seed powder gives a nice spicy spin to the sprouts. You can add different veggies to this salad to make it more interesting; I have used onions (pyaaz) and tomatoes (tamatar) here. Sprouts Salad makes for an amazing summer snack, and can be had during anytime of the day. So be prepared to experience the magic of sprouts in all its glory.
How to make Sprouts Salad
|Mixed sprouts (Moong and Chana sprouts)||1 cup|
|Green chilli chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Lime Juice||1 table spoon|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 tea spoon|
|Onion chopped||½ cup|
|Tomato chopped||4-5 table spoon|
|Olive oil||1 tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, coconut and green chillies.
- 2. Stir it for 2 minutes, add sprouts and stir it and put the flame off.
- 3. Now add salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves and roasted cumin seed powder and let it cool completely.
- 4. Once cooled add chopped onion, tomatoes and serve it.
- You can also add chopped cucumber, radish etc….