|Wheat flour (atta)||2 cup|
|Pink lentil (Masoor daal)||1 cup|
|Turmeric powder (haldi) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) cloves, chopped||7-8 (optional)|
|Carom (ajwaain)||a pinch|
|Asafoetida (hing)||a pinch|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||2|
|Clarified (desi ghee)||4-5 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Whole red chilli (sabut lal mirch)||2-3|
|Hot spices (garam masala) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Cumin (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
- 1. In wheat flour mix little bit salt, carom seeds and knead with water to soft dough.
- 2. Clean, wash and cook lentil with salt, turmeric and water in pressure cooker for a whistle.
- 3. Apply plenty of water to make a dilute dal and add bay leaves into it and let it boil on medium heat.
- 4. Divide dough into 30 -35 small balls and roll out small and thick puries.
- 5. Using both hands bring the edges of puries up from four sides and press a little.
- 6. Drop these pitthis into the boiling lentil one by one and cook 15 to 20 minutes
- 7. Daal pitthi will be ready when pitthi begin to float indicating that they are now fully cooked.
- 8. Heat clarified butter in another pan. Now add cumin seeds, garlic, asafoetida and whole red chilli in it.
- 9. Stir it for 2-3 minutes and put the flame off. Now immediately add red chilli powder and hot spices.
- 10. Now put this tempering into prepared dal pitthi.
- 11. Serve with clarified butter, aaloo chokha and papad.
No comments yet.