|Boiled mashed potato (aalo)||1 large|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||1|
|Garlic cloves (lahsan)||4-5|
|Ginger (adrakh) piece||1 “|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2 table spoons|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||4-5 table spoons|
|Pepper corns (kali mirch)||8-10|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Put the cleaned fish in a pan on medium heat, with salt, pepper corns and a cup of water.
- 2. Boil it till all the water has been absorbed.
- 3. Remove skin and debone the fish.
- 4. With fork mash the boiled fish and potato and combine with 1 egg, onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- 5. Now mix the things properly and make small cutlets with it.
- 6. Dip each fogo in remaining beaten egg, and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- 7. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat, and fry the cutlets till they are golden brown on each side.
- 8. Serve this with chutney or sauce.