|Raw mangoes (kachha aam)||4|
|Sugar (chini)||½ cup|
|Roasted cumin (bhuna jeera) powder||½ table spoon|
|Aniseed ( saunf)||½ tea spoon|
|Fenugreek seeds (methi)||1/8 tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso ke dane)||¼ tea spoon|
|Black salt (kala namk)||¼ tea spoon|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 table spoons|
- 1. Peel and cut the mangoes through the seed.
- 2. Remove the seed, and then cut each half into four parts through the center.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan put Fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and aniseed stir them and then add the mango pieces and cook them for 7-8 minutes.
- 4. Now add salt, black salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and stir it.
- 5. Then add 3 cups of water and let it boil till the mango gets soft.
- 6. Let the mixture come to a boil on high heat, cover and reduce heat to low/medium.
- 7. Now add sugar and let it boil for further 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Simmer until mango pieces are well cooked. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder.
- 9. Serve with paratha or roti.