|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||5-6|
|Green cardamom (chhoto elaichi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||2 table spoons|
|Sugar (chini)||6-7 table spoons|
- 1. Soak rice for half an hour.
- 2. Dissolve saffron in warm water and keep aside.
- 3. Heat up clarified butter in a pan, fry raisins and cashew nuts, remove and keep aside.
- 4. In the same clarified butter add cloves and rice and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Mix in 11/2 cup of boiling water to the rice and mix in saffron water and let it cook.
- 6. When half done mix in sugar and continue to stir fry till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- 7. Finally mix in the cardamom powder and decorate it with fried dry fruits.
- 8. Serve hot.