Makhane Ki Kheer
Makhane Ki Kheer is a famous pudding, originating from Bihar. Its popularity is widespread in India. This sweet, creamy dessert is considered to be an auspicious food in Bihar households. What makes this dish a bit different from the usual kheer is that it is prepared with foxnuts. Foxnuts are roasted and lightly ground before use.
Some important things should be kept in mind while preparing this A-list dish. The milk should be boiled carefully on medium heated, and stirred constantly to avoid burning. The more you condense the milk, the better it tastes. Sugar (cheeni) should always be added towards the end. Traditionally, Foxnuts are added almost at last stage.
Special attention should be paid to check curdling or formation of lumps in the kheer. Some roasted and chopped nuts are sprinkled for garnishing Kheer. This dessert is so delicious, so don’t think twice before preparing it any time.
You may also like recipes of Pua, Laung latta,Pedukia
How to make Makhane Ki Kheer
|Foxnut (makhana)||1 cup|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||1 table spoon|
|Milk (doodh)||1 litre|
|Condensed Milk||½ can|
|Sugar (chini)||4-5 table spoons|
|Cardamom (elaichi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||¼ cup|
|Raisins (kishmis)||¼ cup|
- 1. Heat clarified butter in a pan and roast makhana in ghee until crisp and aromatic.
- 2. Take half of the roasted Makhana in a blender jar and grind it coarsely and keep aside.
- 3. Now take half of the raisins and cashew nuts in a blender jar and also coarsely grind them.
- 4. Mix milk, condensed milk and coriander powder in a heavy bottom pan and boil until it becomes almost half. Keep stirring in between to prevent burning.
- 5. Now add sugar and let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Then add the whole and coarsely ground Makhana and dry fruits. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes thick.
- 7. Add the saffron and put the flame off. Serve this hot or chilled.
I think the admin of this website is in fact working hard in favor of his
website, for the reason that here every information is quality based information.
It’s awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views of
all colleagues regarding this article, while I am also keen of getting experience.