Paneer Stuffed Aloo with Gravy
Paneer(Cottage Cheese) and Aloo(Potato) are two of the most popular traditional staples in India.
Paneer is a multifaceted food ingredient. It can be served raw,along with the correct seasoning and spices,or it can be cooked to perfection. Even fast food items like burgers and wraps incorporate paneer. Potatoes are also a major ingredient of Indian Food and every one kows it’s utility.
So what happens when both of these come together in a recipe? Something magical……..
Paneer stuffed aloo is an unique combination of cottage cheese (paneer) and potatoes. Here, spicy mashed cottage cheese are stuffed into scooped potatoes. Care must be taken while scooping out potato shells ,as they are very delicate and mushy Scooping process can be eaisly done with a knief or scoop. Scooped potatoes sheels fried and are then filled with cottage cheese. the stuffing should be done scrupulously as it might break the soft delicate shell. The stuffed potato shell resembles an egg. Fried crispy aloo stuffed paneer can also be served as a standalone starter,without the gravy.Authenticaaly, potatoes are mostly stuffed with dried coagulated milk (khoya), but here paneer is used, which makes the dish unique and light.
Thick and rich gravy is prepared for the vegetable. The secret ingredient used in this recipe is nuts. It imparts the dish with a deep, rich flavour in the form of a paste or gravy. The gravy ties the entire dish together. Spices can be added according to requirement. Chopped coriander is sprinkled to add a finishing touch.This is to be served hot with Roti, Lachha Parantha or Naan. Although a little on the experimental side,the dish is very filling and combines the best of both worlds(aloo and paneer).
You can also look the recipes of Indian curry Shahi Paneer, Navratan Korma, Shahi Paneer lababdar, Matar Mushroom, Dahi ke aloo
How to make Paneer Stuffed Aloo with Gravy
|Potatoes (aalo)||6 Big|
|Cottage cheese (paneer)||100 grams|
|Chilli Powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Coriander Powder (dhaniya)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Cumin Powder (jeera)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||1 big|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2|
|Cashew Nuts (kaju)||6-8 pieces|
|Chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam Masala)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso)||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander leaves(hara dhaniya)||4-5 table spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
- 1. Wash and peel potatoes and cut them into half. Now scoop off the inside of the each half of the potato.
- 2. Take cottage cheese in a plate and add salt, hot spices, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and mix it well. Keep this aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a heavy bottomed vessel, heat enough oil.
- 4. Now add potato shell and deep fry them.
- 5. Once they are deep fried, take them out and place them on a paper towel. Put them upside down so that any oil left in the shells is drained out completely.
- 6. Now stuff the mashed cottage cheese mixture into the potato shells and keep them aside.
- 1. Take cashew nut and tomato into a blender jar and grind them to a fine and smooth paste.
- 2. Take a pan, add some oil and when oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When they start to crackle, add the finely chopped onions and green chilies.
- 3. Now add the cashew nut-tomato paste and cook it covered for some time.
- 4. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt according to your taste.
- 5. Let it cook till oil gets separated add little water for gravy and let it simmer.
- 6. Now add stuffed potatoes one by one slowly into the gravy.
- 7. Don’t stir much otherwise stuffing will come out.
- 8. Finish it with hot spices and garnish with chopped coriander.
- 9. Serve “ Paneer Stuffed Aalo With Gravy” with roti or nan.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Paneer curries, Vegetarian
No comments yet.