|Red kidney beans (rajma)||1 ½ cups|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||2 large|
|Coconut (nariyel), grated||1 cup|
|Dried whole red chillies (lal mirch)||7-8|
|Peppercorns (kali mirch)||1 tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds (dhaniya)||1 table spoons|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Tamarind pulp (imli)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||To taste|
|Oil||2 table spoons|
- 1. Soak beans overnight and pressure cook it next day in the water in which they were soaked.
- 2. Roast all the spices with coconut and grind them in blender jar.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and let it cook till it becomes golden.
- 4. Then add roasted ground paste and stir fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- 5. Then add beans, salt and tamarind pulp with enough water.
- 6. Let it simmer on low flame till the gravy becomes thick.
- 7. Once done put off the flame and serve this with rice.