Rajasthani Lahsun Ki Chutney
Garlic (lahsan) has a rich, strong flavour. Although people always have polarised reactions to garlic- either they love it, or they hate it. But this mighty ingredient comes into its own in Rajasthani Lahsan ki Chutney. It is dry chutney, in which garlic cloves are laced in a spicy chilli mixture, and a hint of lemon juice (nimboo ka ras) to add tanginess. A word of caution- this chutney is a bit on the spicier side, so you can tone down on the chillies to reduce the heat. I have used an interesting ingredient to add spice to the dish, called Kashmiri Red Chilli. These chillies are mild in flavour, but intense in terms of colour. They impart a vibrant red colour to the chutney. I have also used other aromatic spices like fennel seeds (saunf) here, which gives the chutney a wonderful odour. Sugar (cheeni) adds the necessary sweetness. This chutney is characterized by its dry texture; no water has been used in this recipe. Rajasthani Lahsan ki Chutney is an absolute joy to have with Bajre ki Roti and Dal Baati Churma. This traditional chutney is so delicious that it will make you feel that you are basking in the golden deserts of Rajasthan with its each bite.
You may also like the recipe of Moongfali ki Chutney, Dry Garlic chutney, Ginger chutney.
How to make Rajasthani Lahsun Ki Chutney
|Garlic (lahsan)||15-20 cloves|
|Kashmiri red chilli||15|
|Fennel seeds (methi)||½ tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso)||½ tea spoon|
|Fenugreek seeds (methi)||½ tea spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||½ tea spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||2 table spoon|
|Oil||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Soak Kashmiri red chilli and fennel seeds together for 30 minutes. Peel clove and keep aside.
- 2. Once chilli and fennel seeds are soaked properly, remove it from water and take it in blender jar.
- 3. Add the cloves, sugar and salt and grind them to a smooth paste.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and temper it with fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- 5. Let it crackle and add the ground Red chili-garlic mixture. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Now put the flame off and add lemon juice. Let it cool completely before serving.
- Recipe Type : Chutney, Rajasthan, Regional, Vegetarian, Vegetarian
No comments yet.