Zarda Pulao Recipe
Zarda Pulao is a superb recipe for festival season. The word Zarda comes from Urdu word Zard, which means yellow colour. A good quantity of saffron and yellow colour is added to this recipe, which gives bright colour to the dish. It is also called Meethe Chawal or sweet rice. It is pure vegetarian recipe, which is very popular in Muslim families. It is one of the very famous desserts, which is prepared in Muslim weddings.
It is loaded with heavy dry fruits and clarified butter. For flavour saffron, rose water of kewra water is used. Little blend of spices are also for authentic aroma. This can be quickly prepared, with less effort. I suggest, you give this amazing recipe a try. I am sure you will love it.
If you are looking for some other Indian dessert do try link Badshahi Sewai, Gulab Jamun, Rabdi, Badam Phirni, Doodh Pak.
How to make Zarda Pulao Recipe
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Green cardamom (hari elaichi)||2|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||5-6|
|Milk (doodh)||½ cup|
|Coagulated milk (khoya)||½ cup|
|Green cardamom (chhoto elaichi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||2 table spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||6-7 table spoon|
- 1. Soak rice for half an hour.
- 2. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and keep aside.
- 3. Mix rice with some clarified butter, cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom. Add 1 ½ cup of water and cook 80% rice. (Rice should not be completely cooked).
- 4. Heat up clarified butter in a pan, fry raisins and cashew nuts, remove and keep aside.
- 5. Roast the coagulated milk (khoya) and keep it aside.
- 6. When rice is half done mix sugar and fried dry fruits.
- 7. Now add roasted coagulated milk (khoya), orange colour and dissolved saffron.
- 8. Finally top it with cardamom powder and decorate it with fried dry fruits.
- 9. Now cook it on very low flame for 15 minutes.
- Recipe Type : Desserts, Desserts, Indian sweets, Lucknow, Regional
No comments yet.