|Chicken (boiled, shredded)||¼ cup|
|Spring onion head thinly sliced||½ cup|
|Carrot thinly sliced||¼ cup|
|Capsicum thinly sliced||¼ cup|
|Black pepper||½ tea spoon|
|Ginger finely chopped||¼ tea spoon|
|Garlic finely chopped||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 tea spoon|
|Soy Sauce||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli sauce||1 tea spoon|
|Sugar||1 table spoon|
|Vinegar||½ tea spoon|
|Corn flour||1 tea spoon|
|Vegetable oil||for frying noodles|
|Vegetable oil||2 table spoon for sauce|
For the Noodles
- 1. In a pan add enough water with salt and 1 table spoon of oil. Bring it to boil, and then add the noodles.
- 2. Cook uncovered for couple of minutes till the noodles are soft and firm but not mushy.
- 3. Drain and wash with cold water. Add a little bit of oil to keep the noodles from sticking.
- 4. Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan to frying heat. Add drained noodles in circles.
- 5. Remove on a kitchen towel when crisp and golden; let the oil get absorbed in towel.
For Chopsuey Sauce
- 1. Take shredded chicken in a pan with 2 cups of water and boil it with some salt and black pepper.
- 2. Once it is boiled properly, drain it and keep the chicken and water (stock) separately.
- 3. Heat 4 table spoon of oil in pan and add finely chopped ginger and garlic with some green chillies.
- 4. Now add spring onions, carrot, capsicum, ajinomoto and salt and stir fry this over high heat for a minute.
- 5. Now add chicken pieces and cook it for another 4-5 minutes.
- 6. In a separate bowl mix chilli powder, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, sugar, vinegar, and salt and mix it.
- 7. Add the chicken stock to this sauce mixture and pour it into the pan and let it simmer.
- 8. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl mix corn flour with cold water, mix it well and then combine this with the boiling sauce.
- 9. Keep stirring till the sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
How to proceed
- 1. To serve the chopsuey, place crispy noodles in a serving bowl.
- 2. Pour the hot chopsuey sauce over it and serve hot.