Capsicum and Onion Balls Recipe
Cooking at its most basic level is a creative art. Of course.. It is prepared in a non-traditional way, where vegetables are fried and is mixed with roasted gram flour. Fragrance of roasted gram flour is always soothing. When it is mixed with vegetables, it tastes truly good. For flavor roasted spices are used which makes the dish tempting. Finally, crunchy peanuts are added to the balls and it actually adds the savor. The balls are rolled in raw semolina and this offers striking texture to the recipe. Once it is golden fried the dish becomes alluring.
Try this once, it can be one of your favorite Party snacks. Its nutrition value is also very rich so healthy for kids.
How to make Capsicum and Onion Balls Recipe
|Capsicum (shimla) big||1|
|Onion (payaz) big||1|
|Gram flour (besan)||4 table spoon|
|Peanut (moongphali) powder||2 table spoon|
|Red Chili (lal mirch) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Cumin (jeera) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Semolina (suji)||½ cup|
|Coriander (dhaniya) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Corn flour||4 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Vegetable Oil(tel)||to fry|
- 1. Wash and clean capsicum and cut it into small cubes. Peel and chop onion into same size as of capsicum.
- 2. Heat 1 tea spoon of oil in a pan, add onion and capsicum and fry till vegetables are tender. Keep it aside to cool.
- 3. Take gram flour in a bowl and add chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powders, peanut powder and salt in it.
- 4. Roast this dry mixture in a pan till the raw smell disappears and allow it to cool.
- 5. Now, mix this roasted mixture in fried vegetables and make small balls. (Do not use water).
- 6. Mix corn flour in half cup of water and dip the balls into it.
- 7. Keep dry semolina in a plate and roll the balls into it.
- 8. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls till it becomes crisp.
- 9. Serve “Capsicum and onion balls” with ketchup or Green chutney.