Coffee Cake with Coconut Cinnamon Topping Recipe
Coffee Cake is a sponge cake having the flavour of coffee. It is very light and moist. This mouth-watering delicacy is usually a soft coffee flavoured cake with an amazing coconut-cinnamon topping.
The special thing about this recipe is its mesmerizing aroma, which is due to the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg. It is important to add salt in this recipe, as it leads to the correct balance of both sweet and savoury flavours. But do not add salt separately if you use salted butter instead of white butter. The baking soda and baking powder used provide it with a more cake-like texture. Coffee powder is a very overpowering ingredient. So, it should be added in the right amount or it could make the cake taste bitter. Coconut provides the necessary crunch in the form of topping. Variations can be introduced in the form of addition of vanilla pods to the batter, or chocolate chips sprinkled on top of the cake. The top can be garnished with sliced walnuts. The oven should be pre-heated to the right temperature. While baking the cake, after about 35-40 minutes, it is advisable to check if it’s completely cooked by inserting a toothpick or fork in it. If it comes out clean, this means that it is fully cooked. These delicious coffee cakes can be munched upon in the form of breakfast, snacks, dessert or anytime in between, after all there is no such thing as enough coffee cakes.
If you are looking for more cake recipes do check Orange Cranberry Muffins, Chocolate muffins, Black forest cake, Pineapple cake.
How to make Coffee Cake with Coconut Cinnamon Topping Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Sugar||1 ½ cups|
|Coco powder||1 tea spoon|
|Baking powder||2 tea spoon|
|Baking soda||½ tea spoon|
|Salt||¼ tea spoon|
|Vanilla||1 tea spoon|
|Coffee powder||4 table spoon|
|White butter||½ cups|
|Light cream||½ cup|
|Coconut flakes||1 cup|
|Brown Sugar||4 table spoons|
|Nutmeg||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Pre heat oven at 180 C.
- 2. Mix coconut flakes, light cream, nutmeg and brown sugar in a bowl and keep this aside.
- 3. Mix flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and sieve it.
- 4. Take butter and sugar in a bowl and beat it well till it becomes creamy.
- 5. Mix vanilla, egg and coffee in the butter mixture.
- 6. Now add flour mixture in this batter and mix well with the beater.
- 7. Check the consistency of the batter and add little milk if required.
- 8. Pour this batter in a greased pan.
- 9. Now top it with coconut mixture (spread this layer properly).
- 10. Then bake the cake for 40-45 minutes or till it is done.
- 11. Once done remove it from oven and let it cool on room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Recipe Type : Cakes and Bakes, Cakes with Egg
No comments yet.