Cake Rusk Recipe
Cake Rusks in India are one of the most favourite tea time snacks. Rusks are mildly sweet, healthy snacks that complement tea and coffee excellently. A bite of rusk dipped in hot chai tastes heavenly.
In this recipe, careful baking is most important step and it requires two steps. When they come out of oven first time they are soft. Then cooling is required for 10-15 minutes then they are re- baked in oven on low temperature which makes them crunchy. The texture of rusk is important; it should not be either too soft or too hard. A perfect crispiness is required for the recipe. A careful eye should be kept on them during the second stage of baking, as they might get burnt. Sides should be flipped to ensure that both the sides are cooked thoroughly.
These rusks can be stored in an airtight container and can be enjoyed anytime with a cup of tea.
How to make Cake Rusk Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|White Butter||¼ cup|
|Baking powder||1 ½ tea spoon|
|Salt||½ tea spoon|
|Milk||¾ cup (approximately)|
|Vanilla essence||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Grease bread mold and keep aside.
- 3. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- 4. Cream butter and sugar together till fluffy add egg and mix well with an egg beater.
- 5. Mix the flour mixture in butter mixture.
- 6. Add Vanilla extract and add little milk. Combine everything well.
- 7. Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake in 180 C oven for about 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove it from oven and slice into pieces like Rusk.
- 9. Now take out the slices from mold and arrange them on a flat baking tray.
- 10. Now reduce the temperature of oven and again bake the rusks for 30-35 minutes or till they become crisp.
- 11. Once done remove them from oven and completely cool them before serving.