Coconut Crisp Cookies Recipe
Coconut Crisp Cookies Recipe is a lovely ingredient. The addition of coconut to any recipe makes it crunchier and tastier. Coconut serves both in texture and flavour. In this recipe, the coconut and sugar used together make these cookies chewy and sumptuous. The dry coconut used should be in the form of a fine powder. The key to making the crispy cookies is to make them thin. The dough should be kneaded appropriately and should be easy to handle, having the right consistency. To make sure the cookies have a light texture, do not over process the dough; it should still be slightly loose and crumbly when you start forming the balls. While mounting the cookies on the tray, they should be pressed gently with a fork and spaced properly, to allow room for spreading. It is advisable to use butter and baking powder to flatten out the cookies. A few drops of coconut essence can be added if the flavour of the coconut is strong enough. Brown sugar can also be used in place of castor sugar. The biscuits can be dipped in chocolate to introduce a deep, rich flavour. As always, it is imperative to pre-heat the oven to the required temperature to obtain the desired results. While baking, keep an eye on the oven to avoid overcooking. Check after 8-10 minutes if they are cooking properly. Dry fruits can be added for garnishing. These coconut crisps are to be stored in an airtight container. Coconut Crisps go along well with tea or coffee. Kids love to munch it anytime.
How to make Coconut Crisp Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour
|½ tea spoon
|1 tea spoon
|of 1 Egg
- 1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and coconut powder.
- 2. Mix butter and vanilla and dough it with light hand.
- 3. Spread dry flour on surface and make ½ “thick chapatti with dough.
- 4. Cut with biscuit cutter and keep cookies on tray.
- 5. Now brush it with egg white and spread dry coconut on it.
- 6. Preheat oven at 180 c. Bake it for 8-9 minutes or till it becomes golden in colour.
- 7. Cool and keep it in air tight boxes.