Peanut Biscuits Recipe
Peanut Biscuits Recipe are versatile ingredients, and mesh well with a lot of other items. They bring the necessary crunch and texture to any biscuit. Peanut butter cookies are crumbly and extremely addictive. They are very popular in countries like China (especially during the Chinese New Year), Malaysia etc. It mainly contains peanuts, mixed well with butter and flour. The longer we cream the sugar and butter together, the better the taste. Both salted and unsalted peanuts can be used, although salted ones bring a balance in the flavor. One thing to be kept in mind is that when using salted butter, salt should not be added separately in the recipe. Also, peanut butter cookie dough is dense, and without being pressed, it will not cook evenly. So it is advisable to create a criss-cross pattern by using fork tines. It will help the biscuits to cook thoroughly. When the upper part of the cookie is topped with peanuts, it should be flattened slightly by pressing between the palm of your hands. Variations can be added in the form of chocolate chips (to provide a chocolaty flavour) or vanilla extract (to enhance the taste).Shortening can be added to make the biscuit extra crumbly and soft. Chocolate can be added between two peanut butter cookies when they are sandwiched together. The biscuits are to be stored in an airtight container upon cooling, for storage. These soft cookies are a sure-fire way to win over anyone’s heart.
If you are looking for more cookies recipe do check Jeera Biscuit, Chocolate Vanilla biscuits, Cake Rusk.
How to make Peanut Biscuits Recipe
|All purpose flour (maida)||2 cups|
|Baking powder||¾ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||¼ tea spoon|
|Butter, softened to room temperature||¼ cup|
|Peanut Butter||½ cup|
|Castor sugar (bura)||½ cup|
|Brown sugar||½ cup|
|Crunchy peanut crushed||½ cup|
|Egg white||of 1 egg|
- 1. Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together and keep them aside.
- 2. Roast and crush the peanuts and keep them aside.
- 3. Beat together the butter, peanut butter; castor sugar and brown sugar till become creamy.
- 4. Add egg white, crushed pea nuts and mix it well.
- 5. Gradually add the flour mixture till it to form soft dough.
- 6. Divide the dough into 12-15 small balls and press them to make cookies.
- 7. Top the cookies with peanut and lightly press it.
- 8. Preheat over at 180 C and bake the biscuits for 8- 10 minutes.
- 9. Transfer the cookies to wire racks for cooling.
- Recipe Type : Cakes and Bakes, Cookies
No comments yet.