Lemon Walnut Cookies Recipe
Lemon and walnut are two very interesting ingredients, and surprisingly complement each other quite well. Lemon imparts the cookie with a characteristic citrus aroma and flavour, and the walnuts provide a soft, crunchy texture to bite.
What makes this recipe different is that most of the biscuits are heavy and require the use of chocolate. These biscuits are light and filled with loads of flavor. The lemon zest or the chunks of the peel are added to improve taste. It should be kept in mind that lemon has a strong flavour, and it can be overpowering if not used in the correct quantity. So to obtain a mellow flavor, lemon is to be used sparingly. As with any recipe that involves baking, the oven is to be preheated and set at the correct temperature to get the desired result. Variations can be used in this dish.
How to make Lemon Walnut Cookies Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||½ tea spoon|
|Castor sugar||½ cup|
|Vanilla extracts||1 tea spoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 table spoons|
|Lemon zest||2 tea spoons|
|Chopped walnuts||½ cup|
- 1. Sieve all purpose and baking powder together.
- 2. Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- 3. Add egg yolk (reserve egg white), vanilla, lemon juice and grated lemon peels and beat well.
- 4. Add flour and mix well and make soft dough.
- 5. Chill it for one hour.
- 6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 7. After 1 hour take out the dough from fridge and make small cookies.
- 8. Now dip each cookie into slightly beaten egg white and then roll them into nuts.
- 9. Place cookies, 2 inches apart on lightly-oiled cookie sheet.
- 10. Bake them for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11. Transfer to cooling rack immediately and they cool completely before serving.
- 1.You can omit egg yolk and add 1 table spoon of condensed milk instead of that.
- 2. Those who don't want to use egg white can replace it with a dilute batter of all purpose (maida) batter. Mix 1 table spoon of maida in 1/2 cup of water and roll the cookies).