Cream Sugar Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe
Lemon and cream, when used together can give any recipe an otherworldly feel. The rich, smooth quality of butter and the sweet, zesty flavor of lemon work wonder when coupled with each other. The cream-sugar glazed lemon cake resembles a pound cake, but is heavier and denser. The tangy lemon flavor is due to the presence of both lemon zest and lemon juice in the batter. The butter and flour mixture should be mixed carefully to obtain the right consistency and fluffiness. The flour should be added to the mixture in the beginning as well as in the end, interspersed with the addition of butter. It is advisable to add more lemon juice to get a stronger lemony flavor. Some lemon juice or liquid chocolate can be drizzled on top as a topping for variation. To save time, whipped cream can be used as dressing in place of glaze. Yellow coloration can be added to intensify the color. Preheating the oven to the required temperature is a prerequisite to obtain the desired results. While baking, check the cake if it’s properly cooked by poking a hole with a toothpick in its core. It should come out clean. The frosting should be dry before covering and storing. These delectable cream-sugar glazed lemon cakes taste marvelous with tea, coffee or even better as a standalone dessert.
How to make Cream Sugar Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 cup|
|Baking Powder||2 tea spoon|
|Baking soda||¼ tea spoon|
|Salt||¼ tea spoon|
|Castor Sugar||1½ cup|
|Lemon zest||2 tea spoon|
|Lemon juice||1 tea spoon|
|Condensed milk||¼ cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tea spoon|
|Icing sugar||¼ tea spoon|
- 1. Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together for 3 times.
- 2. In a different bowl beat butter and sugar together till they become creamy.
- 3. Now separate egg white and yolk and beat the white till peak is formed.
- 4. Now add egg yolks, curd, lemon zest and lemon juice in the butter mixture and mix them properly.
- 5. Then add the flour mixture and beat them properly with the butter mixture.
- 6. Now add beaten egg white and fold it with very light hand.
- 7. Pre heat oven at 180 C and transfer the batter into a greased pan.
- 8. Bake the cake for 40 -45 minutes or till it is done.
- 9. Let the cake cool completely.
- 1. Mix the cream, condensed milk, icing sugar and vanilla essence together with help of an electric beater.
- 2. Glaze your cake with this mixture and completely chill the cake before serving.