Orange Cranberry Muffins Recipe
Muffins are small-sized treats, commonly known as cupcakes. They are light, fluffy and delicious. In this recipe, orange and cranberry complement each other incredibly well not only in terms of flavour, but also color. They make for a wonderful duo, with cranberries delivering the tartness and orange providing the sweetness. Since fresh cranberries are not easily available in the Indian grocery stores, it would be better to look for canned or frozen cranberries. Cinnamon or nutmeg can be added to introduce a spicy undertone in the muffin. Yogurt or buttermilk can be used instead of egg. Condensed milk can be used in cake batter for richer taste. A sweet orange glaze can be drizzled on the top to make it sweeter and fruitier. Glazing can also be a wonderful variation. For glaze preparation, refer to the cream sugar glazed lemon cake recipe. The muffins stay soft and fresh at room temperature up to 5-6 days, and can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 month. Orange cranberry muffins taste heavenly when paired with coffee or orange marmalade.
These muffins have attractive look and delicious taste. These delicious fruity muffins give pleasing experience in each bite. They make for a good choice of dessert during festivities.
How to make Orange Cranberry Muffins Recipe
|All purpose flour||1½ cup|
|White Butter||¼ cup|
|Baking Soda||¼ tea spoon|
|Baking powder||1 ½ tea spoon|
|Salt||½ tea spoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 tea spoon|
|Orange rings||1 table spoon|
|Orange crush||2 table spoons|
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Grease cup cake pans.
- 3. Chop cranberries and orange rinds and keep aside.
- 4. Sieve flour, salt and baking soda and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- 5. Cream butter and sugar together till fluffy add egg and mix well with an egg beater.
- 6. Mix the flour mixture in butter mixture.
- 7. Add vanilla extract, orange rinds and orange crush and add little milk. Combine everything well.
- 8. Pour the batter into prepared muffin molds.
- 9. Sprinkle chopped cranberries and bake in 180 C oven for about 30 minutes.
- 10. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11. Cool it and serve.