Vanilla Cake Recipe
Vanilla is a classic ingredient and well-liked by many. It has the dual advantage of being fragrant and tasty. Although it tastes really subtle, when used together with a buttery whipped cream icing, it tastes divine. This vanilla cake is infinitely variable and quite easy to make. If you are venturing into baking for the very first time, this cake is perfect for you to start with. This vanilla cake recipe involves the use of creaming method, where the butter and sugar are beaten together first, then the eggs along with flour and milk are added to this mixture. To add flavor, vanilla pod or extract is used in batter. Make sure that you pre-heat the oven to the correct temperature to get the desired results. Baking requires 30-35 minutes and cake should have a golden brown color.
It should be cooled properly before topping it with the icing. This vanilla cake can be prepared for birthdays, anniversaries or even if you are really bored. It is that simple and easy to make .
How to make Vanilla Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour (Maida)||1½ cup|
|Baking powder||1½ tea spoon|
|Baking soda||½ tea spoon|
|Unsalted butter, softened||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extracts||1 tea spoon|
|Milk||½ cup (approximately)|
|Sugar||1 table spoon|
|Icing Sugar||4 table spoon|
|Whip Cream||1 cup|
- 1. Heat the oven to 180 C.
- 2. Lightly coat an 8-inch cake pan with butter and dust with all-purpose flour.
- 3. Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- 4. Cream sugar and butter till it becomes soft and fluffy.
- 5. Separate the eggs put the yolk in butter mixture and keep the white in a separate bowl.
- 6. Beat the white with an electric beater till the peak is formed.
- 7. Add the vanilla extract in the butter mixture and beat on medium speed, just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- 8. Mix the dry ingredients and mix it well. If the batter is dry add little amount of milk.
- 9. Now mix the egg white with cut and fold method.
- 10. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake in 180 C oven for about 45 minutes.
- 11. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12. Cool it properly before decoration.
For Soaking Syrup
- 1. Boil the sugar and water until it becomes almost half in volume. Cool it completely before use.
- 1. Soak the cake with syrup.
- 2. Beat the whip cream with icing sugar till it becomes almost double and a peak is formed.
- 3. Cut the cake into two slices and put a layer of cream between the layers.
- 4. Top the cake with cream and also cover the sides.
- 5. Now make the boarders and design of your choice. (You can add some colors’ for decoration).