Pineapple Cake Recipe
A pineapple cake has a crumbly, fragrant crust and a sweet, creamy fruit filling. Pine apple provides the fruity zing and balanced sweetness to the cake, apart from enhancing the aesthetic quality of the dish. When the flour mixture is added to the sugar and butter mixture, the batter should be beaten properly till it becomes light and foamy. Pineapple juice can be used instead of pineapple crush. For the health-conscious folks, using butter can be reduced or may be replaced with low fat vegetable oil. Cream frosting goes well with this cake, but for a change butter icing can also be used. The pineapple and cherry used for decoration add colour to the cake and make it even more tempting.Pineapple cake can be stored in the refrigerator. This shows topper finishes really quickly, so do not doubt your baking skills.A delicious crumbly, sweet fruit filled cake accompanied with a cup of coffee or tea makes it irresistible.
How to make Pineapple Cake Recipe
|All-purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Baking Powder||2 tea spoon|
|White butter||¼ cup|
|Vanilla Extract||½ tea spoon|
|Pine apple crush||2 table spoon|
|Pineapple Extract||1 tea spoon|
|Whip cream||2 cup|
|Icing sugar||4-5 table spoon|
|Pineapple (grated)||1 cup|
|Pine apple chunks and cherries||for topping|
- 1. Grease a baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Sift the flour, baking powder, together, set aside.
- 3. Mix sugar and butter till creamy.
- 4. Separate egg yolk and egg white.
- 5. Beat egg white till peaks are formed.
- 6. In a large bowl, beat in the egg yolks with butter sugar mixture at high speed until the mixer turns to a pale yellow color.
- 7. Add vanilla extract, pineapple extract and juice and mix it. Then add flour mixture and mix it well.
- 8. Now gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes. Let it cool completely before decoration.
For soaking syrup
- 1. Boil the sugar and water until it becomes almost half in volume. Cool it completely before using.
- 1. Soak the cake with syrup.
- 2. Beat the whip cream with icing sugar till it becomes almost double and a peak is formed.
- 3. Cut the cake into two slices and put a layer of cream and grated pineapple in between the layers.
- 4. Top the cake with cream and also cover the sides.
- 5. Now make the boarders and design of your choice and top up it with pineapple chunks and cherries.