Chocolate Trifle Cake Recipe
In the appetizing chocolate trifle cake, a thin layer of sponge cake is soaked in sugar syrup topped with whipped cream. These ingredients are usually arranged to produce three or four layers. While mixing butter and sugar in the bowl, make sure not to over whip the mixture. An interesting way to assemble this cake is by deconstructing it-crumbling it and arranging it in a fancy glass bowl. A small amount of milk can be added while checking the consistency of the batter, to make it smoother. Pre-heat the oven to the correct temperature. While baking, check for completion by inserting a toothpick in the core. It should come out clean. While preparing the soaking syrup, care must be taken to not char the sugar and water mixture, it could get burnt and become sticky.
For the frosting, chocolate should be melted properly with cream in the pan. Once cream and chocolate mixes properly, and then the mixture should be chilled for 1 -2 hours. Then beating is done till the mixture becomes fluffy. Here, it should be taken care that if mixture is not properly chilled then beating process may take longer time. This vibrant chocolate trifle cake is a huge crowd-pleaser and never fails to impress.
How to make Chocolate Trifle Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Coco powder||1/4 cup|
|Baking powder||2 tea spoon|
|Baking soda||½ tea spoon|
|Salt||¼ tea spoon|
|Milk||1/2 cup (approximately)|
|Milk powder||4 table spoon|
|Vanilla||1 tea spoon|
|Coffee powder||2 table spoon|
|White butter||½ cups|
|Whip cream||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||2 tea spoon|
- 1. Pre heat oven at 180 C.
- 2. Mix flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and sieve it with a strainer and keep aside.
- 3. Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and beat them well till becomes creamy.
- 4. Add milk powder, vanilla essence, egg and coffee in the butter mixture and mix them with an electric beater.
- 5. Now add flour mixture in this batter and mix well with the beater in medium speed.
- 6. Check the consistency of the batter and add little milk if required.
- 7. Pour this batter into a greased pan and bake the cake for 40-45 minutes or till it is done. (Better to check this with a tooth pick).
- 8. Once done remove it from oven and let it cool for 1 hour.
- 9. Once cooled completely slice the cake from center into two slices.
For Soaking syrup
- 1. Boil the sugar and water until it becomes almost half in volume. Cool it properly before use.
- 1. Soak the cake with syrup.
- 2. Take cream and chocolate in a pan. Heat it till the chocolate melts completely. Keep the flame low otherwise chocolate can burn.
- 3. Now add vanilla extract to the mixture and let it cool completely.
- 4. Beat this mixture well over ice bowl till stiff peak is formed.
- 5. Put the cream between layers on the top and sides of cake and decorate it with piping bag.
- You can add little cream during the beating of chocolate- cream mixture, to give different shades to the icing.