Lemon Orange Marble Cake Recipe
Both lemon and orange have fiery colours (orange and yellow) which complement each other incredibly well. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked appearance (like in a marble), which is achieved by blending light and dark colored batter. This lemon orange marble cake recipe described here is one of the most experimental ones, and a rare combination of the ingredients. This is a good option for someone who is not a big fan of chocolate, or for someone who is a fruit-lover.
If you are looking for more marble cake recipe do check Eggless Strawberry Vanilla Marble cake.
How to make Lemon Orange Marble Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 cup|
|White butter||¼ cup|
|Milk||½ cup (approximately)|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tea spoon|
|Baking powder||2 tea spoon|
|Baking Soda||½ tea spoon|
|Orange rind (finely chopped)||1 tea spoon|
|Orange colour||2-3 drops|
|Orange extract||½ tea spoon|
|Orange juice||½ cup|
|Lemon Colour||2-3 drops|
|Lemon rinds (finely chopped)||1 tea spoon|
|Lemon Juice||2-3 drops|
|Tuti Fruity||¼ cup|
- 1. Heat the oven to 180 C.
- 2. Lightly coat bread mold with butter and dust with all-purpose flour.
- 3. Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 4. In another bowl mix butter, vanilla extract and sugar together. Once it becomes creamy add egg and beat it well with an electric beater.
- 5. Now mix flour and beat it properly. If batter is of thick consistency then add milk.
- 6. Mix well till the batter is smooth. Divide this batter into 2 parts.
- 7. In one portion add orange juice, orange extract and orange colour and mix this with soft hand.
- 8. In another portion add lemon juice, lemon colour and rinds and mix this softly.
- 9. Pour the orange batter into prepared pan and spread it smoothly.
- 10. Now pour the lemon batter and spread it over the lemon batter.
- 11. Sprinkle some tuti fruity over the top and bake it at 180 C in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 12. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13. Cool it properly and cut it into slices before serving.